Monday, September 26, 2011

Traveling With Kids - There Is No Fun Like It!

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
 Many people begin to limit their travel once they start having kids. Many think about the stress the kids will encounter, more especially on long trips. Apart from that, many put into consideration what if the child gets sick in the middle of the trip?. Sometimes people think traveling with kids would affect the main reason of the trip, which is relaxation. However traveling with kids can be interesting and there is no fun like it.  It makes the kids more flexible and  good communicators. You have to be ready always to answer questions from them, because they  are eager to learn what is happening around them.  My children are so fortunate to be much more traveled than i was at their age. My first son went on his first plane trip at 10 months.. My second son also had that great opportunity to travel at a very early age.. We've traveled by plane, car, train and ferry. Most importantly my children have been exposed to different cultures, ate many traditional foods  prepared by people of different cultures  and also learned important travel etiquette... ( Don't be too loud in public; Don't kick the plane seat in front of you and so on). I always have this thoughts in my mind for my kids: " What travel experiences will change their lives in the future? What discoveries will they make? What adventures will they wish to have?
Everything that comes with traveling is stressful but it worths it. Is a great new experience which i will love you try if you haven't and you won't regret it. There are some benefits you get while traveling with kids other travelers don't.
You form so much positive connections in so many ways when you are on a trip with the kids. You meet a lot of people who open up to you about their life, children and things that inspires them. These are people you wouldn't have spoken with if you where all by yourself. Sometimes traveling with the kids brings you closer to respectable families. Many treat you gently mere seeing the kids you are with and so much more.
Start early, don't wait for the kids to grow much older before you start making trips with them. Help them discover the beautiful things in life.

8 comments:

Val @ Mental Chew said...

We are just about to take 2 separate trips, thanks for th pot. From VB - cute site!

Jen@Mom's Online Garage Sale said...

We took our first trip to Walt Disney World 2 yrs ago when the kids were 5 and 7. I was a bit apprehensive as to how their behavior would be but they were outstanding. Couldn't imagine traveling with children any younger.

Member to Remember

Life by Cynthia said...

Our son had his first travel adventure at 11 months. He did very well and we would love to travel more! I wish we had a bigger budget to work with but think that we could still pull off some great travel adventures without spending a fortune. :) I agree with you to start early and cherish every moment! Cynthia, vB MTR
Mommied Life by Cynthia | My Life as Mom

Happy Gramma said...

I couldn't agree more. We always enjoyed traveling with our 6 kids when they were young. Now I am getting ready to take a road trip from VA to TX with my daughter and her 2 little girls!

Cheryl@OntheOldPath said...

Hi I found you through the alexia blog hop. We haven't done much travelling with our kids but I do find just being out and about with them that people are more likely to talk to us when we have the kids with us. Following along now, feel free to stop by and meet us.

Great Beauty Buys said...

I traveled with my kids when they were babies and then I tried it again when they were 5 and 7. It's much easier when they are babies I think. Visiting from VB friends to remember. Have a great day.

Dayna

Nekky said...

As young as my kids are, the memory of every trip I've taken with them have not left. They still talk about the places, the foods, the people, etc. Kids don't see the stress in travelling, only we adults do.

Small Kucing said...

so many movies shows the horror of travelling with kids. I dont really agree. I love travelling wth my son. Makes the trip more enjoyable

Share This

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...